BelchSpeak

I can't believe that came from your mouth!

BizarreStupid PeopleVirginiaYou're Fired!

Ghoulish Virginia Teacher

A High School Science teacher by the name of Candace Longworth took two female students to an old graveyard as some sort of bizarre extracurricular activity. There, the three of them broke into a crypt in which bodies of miners which were killed in an explosion in 1884 were buried. She snapped some photos of the girls posing with the decaying bodies.

The caper was uncovered when the girls were running around in school showing off the photos.

Here is her picture.

If you would like, you can ask her why she was defiling the dead. Her email address is clongworth@bland.k12.va.us but since she’s been suspended, Im not sure if she will get around to responding any time soon.

From the AP here:

ROCKY GAP, Va. – A high school science teacher is charged with breaking into a century-old funeral vault, handling the remains of a corpse, and taking photographs of two students holding the bones inside the crypt.

Authorities have charged Candace Longworth, 31, of Bastian, with a felony charge of disturbing and defiling a dead person from a place of burial and two misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. The teenagers have been charged as juveniles.

Longworth has been suspended from her job as a biology and earth science teacher at Rocky Gap High School in Bland County pending the outcome of the legal proceedings, according principal Robert Morehead. She is scheduled for a preliminary hearing Oct. 23.

Longworth could not be reached for comment.

Lee said the Sheriff’s Department began an investigation after it was contacted by the school administration when least one of the two teenage girls began showing pictures of herself inside the vault holding the bones.

The vault, which is partially below ground, is in a cemetery in Pocahontas, a town on the West Virginia border established in 1884 for 114 coal miners killed in a mine explosion.

Authorities allege the teacher and students entered the vault through a large crack. No bones appear to have been taken, Lee said.

The felony charge against Longworth carries a sentence of up to 10 years in prison.

What the hell is wrong with some teachers? This woman is way too involved in the lives of her students. According to her mini-biography, she is unmarried, which means she is likely trolling match.com for a man, like most unmarried female teachers. Here is her bio from her High School Newspaper. Heh. I wonder if the school paper will run with the story of the Ghoulish Teacher?

Rocky Gap High School has added a few new faces to the faculty. We have interviewed these people and here is what we discovered.Candace Longworth is here to further our knowledge in Earth Science, Biology 1, and Biology 2. She is also assisting with girls basketball and is in charge of the Jr./Sr. Prom. She comes with a Bachelor degree in Science from the University of Virginia-Wise. Her Previous experience was at Oak Hill Academy, a private school. She enjoys assigning homework nightly, water sports, watching football games, gardening, and spending time with her kids (dogs).

Dr. Jones

Do not talk about fight club. Oops.