Posts tagged geeky
This is a hilarious video about Dark Knight returns, and there might be a few spoilers if you havent seen the movie yet. Thanks to [GAS]
Adam Savage from MythBusters is a huge nerd in his own right and he has worn this costume for the past two years at ComicCon. No Face is one of my favorite characters too from the Spirited Away Japanese anime film- a favorite in our home. In fact Cartney tends to call the film “Akoo” after the name of the river dragon.
I love panoramic photos, and this invention will make taking those photos much more fun and easy.
Hook that right into photosynth. How much would you pay for something like this?
I think its been a long time since I’ve been to a strip club, ’cause I don’t remember any of these “promotionals.” I LOLed at this poorly animated video taken from a recording of nerds talking to one another at a corporate cubefarm.
This is an awesome music video spoof that deals with a subject near and dear to my heart. Thanks to Geeks are Sexy for the video!
Finally, I have a volunteer! I do have a problem with the 4 pips on the collar. Clearly she couldn’t rise above the rank of ensign much less wear Captain’s pips. Autotune this girl in the shower with her TOS-dressed friends and lets start this 24th century party.
Favorite line? “Like tribbles, we’ll cuddle day and night.” Set your phaser to stun, point at your head, and hit play.
My brother is a whiz at Autodesk Inventor and because he’s a big geek, he models sci-fi stuff in his spare time. Check out his latest efforts- The Robot B9 from the Lost in Space Series!
And you can get your very own B9 Robot for just 24,500 bucks.
As told by a 7 year old boy. Come for the instructions, stay for the “boing” exit.
Here was how it made its debut on TV.
Saw this Vee-Dub bus painted like the Mystery Machine in front of Old Man Healy’s car wash parking lot out here in Huntington Beach CA. It also had scary ghost face decals in the rear windows. It smelled like bong water and Scooby Snacks. I didn’t see any meddling kids anywhere- they must have split up to look for clues.
Not a huge fan of ink on women. But THIS. Hubba. Hubba. WOW.
You can see more here at Buzzfeed.
I am a huge Simon Pegg fan. He just came out with a book, Nerd Do Well and his newest movie starring his buddy Nick Frost features a CGI alien voiced by Seth Rogen. I’m getting my movie tickets for this one.
Remember that guy in High School who was the greasy-haired nerd who seemed way too much into Dungeons and Dragons? Whatever happened to that guy? Oh, I see he is making incredible infomercials involving meat parts, boots and a friggin awesome GREAT SWORD!
Know what’s awesome about this video? All of it! But the best part is that they stuffed the cowboy boots with steak before cutting the friggin’ feet clean off!
Fact of the matter is that a great sword does, at the very least, 1D8 damage with a minus 1 initiative because its unwieldy and slow. Some revised rules put it at 2D6 + 3 damage. So maybe in the hands of the right weapons master this could be formidable. In the hands of fat geeks in dress shirts? All damage takes a minus 4 HP damage.
Regardless, all informercials should be about weaponry from Middle Earth!
I don’t usually wear a watch much anymore. I’ve got a nice one, but I constantly had to remove it to go through the metal detectors at Airports or different Federal Agencies so I pretty much shelved it. I use my iPhone for telling time if I need to know. But I remember this watch from my High School years. Some of my friends had them until they were confiscated by math teachers.
How funny is it that they actually slowly demonstrate doing real calculations as if people wouldn’t believe that a watch can add/subtract/multiply/etc?
I got some new cubicle toys for Christmas. I especially adore my bloodstained zombie plushie that has detachable head and limbs! You can get one of your own at Think Geek, or be like the dorks in this video and get your own Zombie Plushie Army!
Rarely does a song come along that really speaks to my inner geek soul. Weird Al is not only the King of Parody, he is the King of Geek Rock. So you can either click below to watch this awesome video now, or you can go back to administering your Newsgroup alt.totalloser.
I have a new post up over at Geeks Are Sexy about a phishing attack targeting Google’s Adwords. I also relate how using online providers like Google or Yahoo could put your data at risk if you use the same password for all of the service offerings.
Check it out, then log into your accounts to setup a secondary email address notification and change the passwords for your different services. Thanks to Kiltak, owner of [GAS] for gently reminding me what the difference was between Adwords and Adsense!
Too many reruns on Spike TV and things about the 24th century begin to bug me. Ever notice in Star Trek you never have to do paperwork? For such a large, far flung organization, there is remarkably few bureaucratic bungling and turmoil. Its impossible to believe that a socialist military organization could carry out their mission without constant political meddling and interference. I bet there is constant pressure from the United Federation of Planets and Starfleet HQ to toe the line and be good soldiers.
Suckiest of all about Starfleet? Everyone’s a trekkie.
Below is my list of other things about Starfleet that must surely suck.
- All food intake is approved by the Ship’s Doctor, and the replicator rations are tied to your biometric signature. This means that there are limits on what you can eat. You can get the biggest cheeseburger on the menu, but the Doc has the calories in the food set at 1,800. The rest is ‘space fluff.’
- Synthehol. ‘Nuff said. Pass the Saurian Brandy. Oh, but you can’t because its banned.
- The uniforms are tacky, made of synthetic wool, and they itch.
- All Rigellian porn is blocked by subspace filters.
- The main holodeck is always taken by Ship’s officers. The enlisted holodeck is always broken.
- No paychecks. Only credits. Nothing to ever shop for anyways except new boots and a unitard.
- The new “Kirk Amendment” to the Prime Directive- no alien sexcapades during First Contact.
- There is a ridiculous and recurring propensity to fly Starships into every unexplained spacial anomaly that appears on ship’s sensors.
- It sucks and also endangers your life? Having to wear a red uniform on an away mission or having to stand guard in the brig, where somehow, every alien is a freakin’ escape artist.
- Starfleet is all about tolerance, except when it comes to personal beliefs. You can get court-martialed for believing in intelligent design.
- The database that explains what happened to all of the capitalists is restricted.
- All those PADDS run on Mac software and you’re a Windows guy.
- No one believes you that Vulcans cheat at cards, 3-D chess and Jenga.
- No matter how hard you try not to think about it, you just can’t get past the knowledge that all garbage and human/vulcan/klingon/andorian waste is recycled by the ship’s replicators into tomorrow’s breakfast.
- Time travel paradoxes give you an ice cream headache.
- There is no security on access panels and everyone thinks they are a hacker. Yahoos keep hotwiring the turbolifts, automatic doors, and flush systems to toilets. That quit being funny the first week into the five-year mission.
- There is no vacation time, except for shore leave on Utopian planets with draconian restrictions on freedom, where the slightest violation or faux-pas results in your death sentence.
- Ten years spent at Starfleet Academy, post graduate study, field service and internships, and you finally get that position as navigator on a Starship. Then some chick doctor who winks at the Captain manages to get her 11 year old son to become pilot and replace you. As a result, you move to the graveyard shift.
- The computer is almost entirely voice controlled. Laryngitis, loud noises, multiple overlapping voices, and the vacuum of space are all DOS attacks to onboard systems. You urge staff to employ a keyboard as a backup, but no one listens.
- Feregni’s are disgusting, unethical and smelly trolls who cheat you out of your credits, but you aren’t allowed to say anything because that would be racist.
This is pretty nifty. A guy is going as a YouTube video.
I love the nuances in the costume too. Views 31337, or “elite” spelled as Hax0r speak, and also the port of back orifice, and old school trojan. He also has typical horrible YouTube comments. One of which is from a Bush conspiracy theorist about the Iraq war, and another one about wasting carbon credits to make the POS costume.
If this guy showed up at my party, I would tell him that I was enforcing the DMCA and ask him to leave. He wouldn’t be allowed back in unless he brought someone dressed like the EFF.
Thanks to Neatorama for the link!