A middle-aged teacher from my old hometown of Newport News, VA claims she was systematically poisoned by students in her class. They were squirting hand sanitizer in her open mug of tea. I bet it made the scotch she was mixing her tea with taste nasty.
From WVEC here:
A Newport News teacher whose students have been charged with trying to poison her says she had no idea they were putting hand sanitizer in her tea.
Jane Miller, a teacher at Hines Middle School in Newport News, says she began to feel sick at the beginning of the school year.
“What it was, was my stomach would bother me. I was running a low-grade temperature. I was just exhausted by the time I got home. And putting it all together, the Germ X I was using was 60% alcohol, which equates to 130 proof, and I don’t drink that much,” said Miller.
The teacher should pay closer attention to what’s going on in the classroom. She obviously left her back turned on her open beverage regularly to provide this opportunity to tamper with her drink. And why does it seem a shock to her that kids don’t like her or her class?