Lottery Winners Blow Up Home on Meth Binge

Two brothers celebrated winning 75,000 bucks in the Kansas lottery by buying a lot of pot and then cooking some Meth in their suburban home. Then there was a terrible kaboom.

Disapproving Walter disapproves.

Disapproving Walter disapproves.

From the Eagle here:

Two brothers who were celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth accidentally blew up their house on Friday.

The explosion sent one of the brothers – a 27-year-old – to the hospital, where he remains in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest.

The other brother was sent to jail.

The brothers were in a house in the 100 block of North Nevada Court, near Douglas and West Street, about 7 p.m. Friday. One of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. He emptied a couple of large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air.

β€œThe butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom,” Watts said. The victim was wearing a lottery T-shirt during the explosion.

I wonder if Progressive’s home insurance would cover this? Call Flo and see.

, , ,
One comment on “Lottery Winners Blow Up Home on Meth Binge

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>