November 23, 2008
Take some Pepsi and mix it with yogurt, and you get Japan’s newest taste sensation, Pepsi White.
• “It tastes kinda soapy.”
• “It’s kinda cream soda-ish, but not as sweet.”
• “Do the Japanese realize they are being sold mislabeled cream soda?”
• “Ooh, it’s weirdly sparkly as you pour it.”
• “It smells like Slice or one of those fruity sodas. And initially it tastes exactly like that: a generic lemon-lime soda. But there’s a strong secondary taste that’s much harder to pin down.”
• “I really can’t get over the smell. I feel like I’m sticking my face in a scented candle every time I take a sip, and it’s throwing me off.”
• “It starts off fine, but afterward, the distinct flavor of Maalox lingers in my mouth.”
• “Usually we say everything tastes like cough medicine, but this actually tastes more like Pepto.”
My reaction? “Waitaminnit… That’s not yogurt!” Another freakish Pepsi drink from Japan is here.